SocialBoost @IDCEE 2014 - is a 48-hour social entrepreneurship hackathon on the development of socially useful internet applications and services.
When and where?
October 9-10, Kiev, Ukraine, NSC “Olimpiyskiy”
Who can apply?
The idea for the project submitted should be a website, mobile application or any ICT product that is supposed to have particular social impact. Projects that use open data are very welcome. Among others there may be projects dealing with government transparency, people self-coordination, crowdsourcing, people-government interaction, city/municipal problems.
Note, only those should apply, who are fully aware of how to realise the project.
Up to 10 projects may be selected to take part in the hackathon on October 9-10. Two — based on people voting, eight — based on jury voting.
Here are the criteria, which will determine whether or not the jury will select your idea.
- User experience
- Code/tech solution
- Graphic design
- Presentation excellence
Terms and conditions
- Ideas are submitted exclusively at idcee.socialboost.com.ua
- Anyone may apply. Similar ideas will be compared by the clarity of explanation and the solution proposal
- Jury review all the project and choose up to 7 to take part in the hackathon. Another three ideas are chosen by open voting online
- Online voting is realised by Facebook and VK likes
- Project is a subject to disqualification if organisers have any doubts about the fairness and transparency of voting
- Total of up to 10 projects will take part in hackathon
- Hackathon will take place on October 9-10 at NSC “Olimpiyskiy”, Kiev, Ukraine
September 30, 2014, 11:59 PM — deadline for project application online
October 2, 2014, 11:59 PM — deadline for open voting online
October 3 — deadline for jury voting and announcement of final list of hackathon participants
October 9-10 — SocialBoost @IDCEE 2014 hackathon